All right, people! This is OFFICIALLY going to happen! I will be hosting (and participating in) my first ever READ-A-THON!! Since this is my first experience with a read-a-thon, I dunno if it'll be the same experience as other read-a-thons, but I hope it'll still be fun!
The read-a-thon will start Friday June 17th at 8am MST to Saturday June 18th at 8pm MST. Thirty-six hours of non-stop reading and fun!
Every two hours or so I'll host a mini-challenge and a giveaway. Here's some of the books participants can win:
Blood Red Road, by Moira Young
Possession, by Elana Johnson (SIGNED)
The Forest of Hands and Teeth, by Carrie Ryan (SIGNED)
The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak (SIGNED)
Outside In, by Maria V. Snyder
Plain Kate, by Erin Bow
There will also be a prize for the person who read the most (and no cheating with picture books) during the read-a-thon! This will be judged by me, and perhaps a few other trusted sources.
And JUST FOR SIGNING UP you will be entered to win a $25 gift card to Amazon.com!
A lot (but not all) of these giveaways will favor bloggers. But since over 85% of the people who filled out my survey were some kind of blogger, I think we'll be okay.
How do you sign up? Well, you have to fill out the form. And... that's it.
If you want to win the GIFT CARD, then you have to write a post for your blog that says you are going to participate. OR, you can just copy paste the post I wrote for you (in the box below). BE WARNED: there are some things you need to fill out in that post. They should be red and noticeable. You want to do this, because every person YOU get to sign up for the read-a-thon will earn you AND THEM five (5) extra entries towards winning the gift card.
And since this is an electronic giveaway, it is open internationally!
All right, so here it is in a nutshell
- Read-a-thon will take place 6/17 8am MST to 6/18 8pm MST
- Giveaways & mini-challenges will occur roughly every 2 hours
- In order to enter giveaways and mini-challenges you must SIGN UP
- You do not HAVE to enter giveaways and mini-challenges if you sign up
- Read-a-thon open internationally
- You must SIGN UP and post the "I'm participating" post in order to be entered
- (+5 each) Bonus entries available for getting someone else to sign up
- (+5) Bonus entries for being a new or old follower of Squeaky Books
- Giveaway open internationally (not all giveaways will be open internationally)
- Giveaway will close at the end of the read-a-thon
Here's some of the HTML code you can use to get more entries/promote the read-a-thon
(Copy & paste ALL of the following HTML into the "Edit HTML" tap when creating a new post)
(Copy and paste the HTML below the banner you wish to place on your sidebar
(300 pixels wide)
(200 pixels wide)
(150 pixels wide)
Click the image to learn more!
Thank you all!
All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2011