Who's excited for Armchair BEA day three?! I AM! So apparently you were supposed to be assigned someone to interview, but I didn't do that. I went rogue and found my own people to interview (or rather, they found me). This is just the first of THREE ABEA interviews you'll see on Squeaky Books. Today I'm featuring Tara (one of my favorite names) from Taming the Bookshelf.
First, tell the Squeaky readers a little about yourself and your blog.
- Hi Everyone! My name's Tara and I'm 26. I'm a stay at home Mom and I have a super wonderful son who is a year old! I started my blog so I could keep track of what books I read. I had NO IDEA that there was such a wonderful community of book bloggers when I first started! Also, let me apologize for the excessive use of the exclamation point in this interview.
- I read mostly YA, but I also read a lot of memoirs and biographies (It's not as boring as it sounds, trust me!). Every once in awhile I'll throw some Chick Lit in the mix too!
What was the last book you reviewed/read that you would recommend?
- Can I pick two? Divergent just seriously blew my mind. It was amazing. Enclave by Ann Aguirre was really great too! I had read a lot of mixed reviews, so I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be really good!
- - Where She Went by Gayle Forman
- - Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
- - Divergent by Veronica Roth
- - The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan
- - Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Ooh. Great list. So those are books you read and liked, but is there a book that you've been meaning to read, but haven't gotten around to yet?
- Hush, Hush and Crescendo! I MUST read them before Silence comes out. Also, The City of Bones series! I KNOW, I KNOW! How have I NOT read them yet?! I own all of them, but haven't gotten around to reading them!
- (Mini Rant) I think the price of eBooks are actually a little high. I recently saw an eBook listed at $18.99! Crazy! I'm seeing more and more new releases being listed at $10.99 and ever $14.99! It really frustrates me when I see that an eBook is more expensive than the paperback or even HARDCOVER version of the book! (End Rant).
That's one of my biggest peeves with eReaders! I'd much rather pay for a physical copy. Next question: what's the hardest thing about blogging for you?
- Writing a review as soon as I finish the book instead of procrastinating! I'm the world's greatest procrastinator.
Oh boy. I know that. It's really awkward when you finally write the review, and you can't remember it! Now let's flip that question: what's the best thing about blogging?
- I love finding people that are as excited as I am about a new release. I also LOVE hearing about upcoming books! I adore drooling over the pretty new covers! I actually have a new release calendar (total book nerd move) that I update all the time so I can keep track of what I want to buy!
I love that too! I have my own non-blog calender that I update, and then I do my "upcoming releases" giveaway/feature on the blog. So if you're always on the prowl for upcoming books, do you read many other blogs?
- I actually subscribe to about 400 (Yes, I just counted! AH!) book blogs. I check my Google Reader obsessively!
YES! Good choice. Here's a non-blog question:Are you an aspiring writer? If so, how long have you been writing? And if not, why not?
- No, I am definitely not an aspiring writer. I don't have a passion for writing, and ehhh...I'm not very good at it. Strictly a reader!
Thanks for answering my questions Tara!
All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2011